Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Major Pile of Trash -- GONE!

The trash men were so on the ball that they had picked up half of it before we were done, and before I could take a pic!  Instead, I bring you this quote via Facebook.


Curbside "treasures" to the curb included:

  • 2 mattresses
  • 2 box springs
  • 1 enormous futon mattress
  • 6 bags of garbage
  • 1 can of garbage
  • 4 boxes of "treasures"
  • 1 huge bin of recycling
  • 2 small bins of recycling
  • 1 old dishwasher
  • several disgusting old bed pillows
  • an ancient decrepit baby exersaucer
  • much, much more...
And there's still more to go!  Two more days left.  My body is aching (most of this stuff was up in the attic and had to be lugged down 3 flights of stairs) but my soul feels so good!  There is a lot of work left to go but we have made a major dent in the downsizing.  I only wish I had done (or at least started) this AGES ago.  People, if you're getting the urge to purge, don't put it off!  It's only stuff, and it will weigh you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment